Thursday, August 27, 2009

Eco

So I know that this is weird but I picked up a book that has recipes for home made, all natural cleaners. I want to give it a try. I think that I will start with something simple like laundry soap or fabric softener. Hear is the recipe. This one includes both the soap and softener.

Hard Water Formula
1 Cup Soap Flakes
1 Cup Washing Soda
1/2 Cup Borax
2 Cups Vinegar
10 drops essential Oil of Choice

Combine the soap, washing soda, and borax in a heavy plastic container. Blend Vinegar and Oil in a separate container, preferably one with a pour spout. Use 1/2 cup of the soap mixture for washing; add 1/2 cup Vinegar mixture during the rinse cycle.

Know me not having ever done this is there somewhere around here that I can buy Soap flakes/pure bar soap, washing soda, and Borax?

When I try this I will let you all know how it works out.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try something like this for a while, but I had a friend do it, and she said her clothes turned gray, so I've been too scared to try. :) You'll have to let me know how it goes (maybe she did something wrong?).

    ReplyDelete